1.20.2010

something wicked this way comes

ahhhh! excitement abounds.

tonight, along with my momma, mother-in-law, and bestest friend, i will be witnessing - for the second time - WICKED!



we're seeing it at the academy of music, after we partake in some of restaurant week's finest at the palm.

my obsession with the show started in college after my brother's (then girlfriend) sang 'for good' at their spring high school choir concert. i was so impressed, i immediately ran home and began downloading the rest of the wonderful score. i was further enthralled after a friend of mine saw it and explained the plot to me - genius! i love that this is a side to the story that no one has ever considered.

so, when i got married in 2007, my wonderful new hubby presented me with tickets around Christmastime. so spectacular! i started tearing just walking into the gershwin. the show-stopper 'defying gravity' had me breaking into a full-out-tears-streaming-down-your-face kind of cry.

needless to say, i cannot wait. i read the book soon after seeing it on bway, and wasn't quite as impressed. it's much more complicated and political than the stage story. but it did get me into gregory maguire's other books.

so i will leave you with the lyrics that captured me on that day in june:

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a hand print on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment